We recognise that, whatever job you do or whatever level you're at, you need to strike a balance between your work life and your home life.
- Flexible working! We offer a range of options for flexible working, be it part-time work, job sharing or term-time working. We also offer support for staff wishing to study or to take a complete break with our career break scheme of up to nine months’ unpaid leave. Supporting working parents! Kobind recognises the importance of the family and the need to support working parents in ways that help them balance their work and family lives. We want to ensure that both current and new mums and dads get all the help and support they need. We give time off for antenatal, midwife, health visitor and parent craft classes as well as maternity pay and leave.
- Kobind believes that adoptive parents should have the same support as biological parents. We offer comparable adoption leave and pay within a policy specially designed for adoptive parents, including extra support leading up to the adoption.
- We also offer paid time off for staff undergoing IVF treatment and for staff undergoing assessment as prospective foster parents. When the baby arrives, we offer two weeks paid paternity leave to all dads/partners. Parents can then take parental leave of up to 18 weeks unpaid leave per child up to the age of five years. Supporting carers With one in 6 people in the world now having some form of caring responsibility, Kobind understands the need to support staff who need to balance their caring and working commitments. Employees with 2 years continuous service may request up to 9 months unpaid career leave, for example to travel, carry out voluntary work or cope with caring responsibilities.
- Any decision is at the discretion of the line manager, and will be based on operational needs as well as the employee performance, attendance and conduct record. An employee wishing to take 3 months or more career leave should request this type of leave 3 months prior to the desired start date. Employment will be regarded as continuous for the purposes of this leave and benefits. Supporting the community! Supporting the community plays a big part in most of our lives, whether we are supporting schools, health services, charities or local action groups. Kobind has always had a good relationship with the wider community from where we draw our staff and our customers.
- The company supports its employees in lots of ways, including when they are on jury service or acting as a school governor or Justice of the Peace. For ex-service men or women and those who belong to the Armed Forces Volunteer Service we offer a weeks paid leave to go on annual training exercises, and for staff wishing to become candidates for any UK or European parliament or assembly, we offer a break of up to 5 years. We’re always happy to discuss individual requirements for other types of public duties such as local authority, prison or other custodial duties. We want to help staff play their part. Supporting you - We know there may be times when our staff would appreciate advice or support in dealing with a personal situation either at home or at work.
Should you require help, the business use the services of an independent 24 hour confidential helpline staffed by advisors who are trained to listen and respond. The helpline can offer assistance in a range of circumstances including general counselling, advice on debt or financial problems, legal problems, abuse, relationship difficulties and state benefits.
At Kobind we feel it is vital that our people are well rewarded. So when you say yes to Kobind, we will give you access to a highly competitive total reward package that is proven to attract, motivate and retain the best people. We are constantly reviewing the details of the package to make sure it has got everything our people want in a benefits scheme, but the things you will be able to enjoy currently include:
- We regularly check our salaries against other companies to make sure we are competitive and keeping up with changes in the market. We will also review your basic pay every year, plus we offer extra performance rewards to recognise individual achievements.
- Join one of our Salary Sacrifice schemes, covering holiday buying, car leasing and cycle to work and you could save money on tax and National Insurance.
- You are entitled to a minimum of 28 days statutory holiday per year. Obviously, if you work part-time this will be pro-rated.
- When we do well financially, we want our people to feel the benefit too. So we have a number of discretionary bonus schemes on offer that reward our employees for helping us to reach our goals.
- Nowadays we are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. At Kobind, we want to help you along the way. This is why we offer an excellent Defined Contribution pension plan, where if you contribute 3% of your pay Kobind will contribute 6%.
- At Kobind your wellbeing is a big priority, and we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will offer you discounted healthcare products and a wellbeing website with top tips and health guides, to keep you fighting fit.
- When you join, you will have the opportunity to volunteer for one day at a charity of your choice.
This company is just going through humble beginnings and it would like to become an international platform in a matter of months. Our success is in large part due to our guiding principles::
- Inspiration Generating new ideas that excite our customers, enthuse our people and enhance our business.
- Innovation Focusing on continuous improvement, pushing boundaries and encouraging experimentation.
- Integrity Doing the right thing, not the easy thing; building trust and reinforcing our reputation.
- In Touch Understanding what’s important to our customers, the communities in which we work and our colleagues.
At Kobind, we strive to identify and select the best candidate for each role. As part of our assessment process, we use competency-based interviews to measure key aptitudes, attributes and values that an individual should demonstrate to be successful in the job. The number of interviews will vary by role and line of business. Global Talent Acquisition Process is as follows:
- Candidates should search and apply for the positions in which they are interested, possess the skills and match the minimum job requirements.
- Our recruiting team will review all applications and contact those who best suit the role. In the case of unsuccessful applications, candidates will be notified.
- The assessment and selection process varies between lines of business. A member of the recruitment team will make the process clear to each candidate.
- All candidates will be required to present proof of identification, address and eligibility to work in the respective country during the assessment and selection process. Only original documents will be accepted.
- If an offer is extended, background checks must be initiated for all external hires or rehires prior to start date. This includes the following checks: criminal record bureau, education, credit history, fraud database and references. Applicants being hired to support certain lines of business may also be required to complete additional compliance checks prior to their start date.
- If no suitable vacancy is available at the point of application, an applicants details will be kept on file for review against future opportunities.